Dodgy data is all around us. From marketing surveys carried out by companies to show their brands are the best, to newspaper headlines that skew scientific reports to make a splash. Sometimes the data is deliberately manipulated to give the required answer, and sometimes it is just carelessness or a lack of understanding of how data works.
The same is true of corporate data and management reports. At the very least, the careless use of management information can lead to confusion rather than clarity. At worst, bad data leads to the wrong decisions being made and money being lost. This course illustrates how performance data can be presented and analysed so that the correct conclusions can be reached and more effective action taken.
This course will enable you to:
- explore how misguided assumptions and certain presentation methods can lead to incorrect conclusions about performance data.
- consider the characteristics of "good" data analysis and presentation.
- develop skills in data presentation to ensure you reach the correct conclusions about performance data.
- build confidence in your data analysis and presentation skills to utilise data and manage performance more effectively.
- learn at your own pace
- help meet your annual CPD requirements
- develop your own learning needs
- iPad/Android compatible
- exclusive member benefit – 10% discount.